Teaching and Learning Philosophy
We believe that foreign language acquisition in the classroom is best fostered in positive affective conditions, where stress is facilitative, not debilitative, where the atmosphere is nurturing yet challenging and motivating.
We believe that the learning environment must encourage the students to interact, give feedback and exercise their language skills as well as their communicative abilities.
It should provide information about the different aspects of language needed for communicative competence: phonology, grammar, pragmatics, discourse, writing styles and conventions, literacy, semantics, cultural customs and values, and communicative and learning strategies.
BBM Methodology encourages:
1. Student Interaction and Participation
2. Using pictorial method, bishun/bihua games, and other interesting way of teaching to let students easily know its character element.
3. A student-centered approach to teaching
4. Activities that are challenging and achievable
5. Other activities that are relevant to learning Chinese improvement